Monday, December 5, 2011

Isla Espiritu Santo and Isla Partida





We took a little run from La Paz to Caleta Partida an area of the Islands that are nice to anchor in. The Islanda are a national park and they lie 20 miles north of La Paz. Nearly connected, the two islands are separated by a narrow channel. These islands are great to hike, snorkel and kayak. We took our tender up to Los Islotes about a 3 mile cruise and swam with the sea lions, they are internationally protected marine mammals. They where very curious of us in the water with them. I really enjoyed swimming with them and tried to get some good underwater pictures, but they move so fast! The sea lions would come close and flip and twirl around me. I did okay until one decided to brush against my leg and then I decided I wasn't so brave after all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment