Sunday, February 16, 2014

A beautiful day on Anna Mae


Our last evening in Acapulco was spent enjoying a beautiful sunset and dinner with the gang. 


With an early morning departure we returned to the boat early, I was surprised to find roses in the shape of a heart on my bed, cute teddy bear and chocolates...




Leaving Acapulco we pulled the anchor and started our thirty hour cruise to Hualtaco Mexico to wait out the winds in the Tehuantepecs. Three hours into our trip we caught a Durado.  This beauty was 53” long, weighing over 30 pounds. Our freezer is busting with fillets.







Continuing on our way, we noticed whales spouting in the distance. Bill altered our course a bit to bring us into a pod of humpbacks. We cruised alongside the group for over an hour, watching them glide through the water, waving their tails as they dove down only to resurface again a few yards away. They put on a magnificent show.



Hard to believe, but our day got even better. Susan and I saw a multitude of spouting, twirling dolphins in our path. A huge group of spinner dolphins... They played at our bow forever. We decided to stop the boat and go in with them!!!! Yes, I did!!!! My go pro was magic. They didn't seem to be bothered by us at all. I lasted about 10 minutes. As I looked down bubbles burst onto my mask and I could hear a squeaking sing song, with three dolphins coming up from the depths below. Swimming straight up towards me. I squeaked too, rather loudly and swallowed a mouth full of saltwater... The trio came within 3 feet, looked me over and decided I wasn't dangerous. When they turned and look me in the eye, it got my attention.




The great white in this photo is me...  Dolphins swimming all around.
Spinning dolphins surround Anna Mae.





This amazing day, February 13, 2014,  our anniversary of 32 years. A day I will never forget. I feel so fortunate to have shared it with my best friend. I've checked a couple more things off my bucket list. 


Thank you photographer Tom for this nice photo.
Bill and I enjoying a beautiful sunset on the bow of Anna Mae.

No comments:

Post a Comment