Friday, February 7, 2014

Isla Grande north of Ixtapa


We decided to take a break from the marina in Ixtapa and anchor in the Bahia de Isla Grande for the night. It’s just a few miles north of Ixtapa. There are white sandy beaches that surround the island with a multitude of colorful palapa restaurants along the shoreline.

Bill and I took our stand up paddle board to shore and hiked across the island to snorkel off of Coral Beach. There is a coral reef that runs along its west side. We enjoyed a variety of colorful fish in very shallow water. Some of the fish showed a lot of interest in my gopro. One adorable little yellow guy decided to take a tiny bite out of my leg. It definitely caught my attention.



A short trail over the top of the southern tip of the island brings you to a private little beach. I was delighted to find the sand scattered with sea urchin skeletons. My shell collection continues...


And a curious little blue fish up close.




No comments:

Post a Comment