Sunday, March 18, 2012

Traveling North

We left San Diego on Friday and traveled to Dana Point. We stayed in Dana Point one night and headed out early saturday for Santa Barbara. 109nm later and 14 hours of getting spanked all the way we where extremely glad to tie up at the last spot in Santa Barbara. The wind was steady in the 30mph range and gusted to 50 and above at times. The waves ranged between 8' and 10' at 4 seconds, I have experienced gale force now and it definitely got my attention. I DO NOT WANT A REPEAT!!! We will be staying in Santa Barbara until the weather improves... It looks as if there will be a nice weather window starting tuesday, we will see. The wind has not stopped blowing since we arrived, and there was even snow on the mountains behind the marina. I guess my tanning weather is far behind me :( We plan to make it to Monterey on our next leg north.

No comments:

Post a Comment